After 10 months of bargaining, SEIU Local 99 members at Ventura County Community College District have reached a Tentative Agreement (TA) on a new, full contract through June 30, 2019.
This TA is subject to ratification by the Union membership and the VCCCD Board of Trustees. Ballots will be mailed next week, to be returned prior to in-person voting at all three colleges and the DAC on September 28. Informational meetings about the TA will be held at all three colleges and the DAC between September 8-14.
We finally received an offer from district management that includes both on-schedule and off-schedule increases as noted below:
• 1% on-schedule salary increase, retroactive to July 1, 2017
• $500 per employee off-schedule payment (prorated for less than full-time employees)
• Me-too for both on-schedule and off-schedule salary increases (if the faculty negotiate more than our TA, we get the difference)
• Increase health benefit cap to $18,643.06/year per employee, to cover the 2017-2018 increased premiums
• Rebate 38.4% of health insurance premiums paid in 2016-2017
• Reopen on salary and health benefits for 2018-2019
The bullets listed above are a fraction of the updates made during negotiations, click HERE to view ALL the updates.
Further information will be provided regarding the informational meetings and in-person ratification voting times and locations.
SEIU Bargaining Team