Join our Candlelight Vigil to Lift Our Schools & Raise Our Communities. We’re urging LAUSD to approve a budget and reach a contract agreement with dedicated school workers that will:
- Improve staffing levels so every child can learn in a clean, safe and supportive school.
- Ensure fair wages so all workers can raise their families with dignity and stability
- Increase educational opportunities to train more teachers and other school staff from our local communities
- Ensure every person on campus is treated with respect
SEIU Local 99 members are currently in contract negotiations with the LAUSD. Let’s come together to demand a contract that will set higher standards for our schools and the jobs we do to serve our students. Bring your whole family, including children.
Thursday, May 25, 2017 at 6:00 pm
333 S. Beaudry Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Free Transportation Available!
Avoid traffic and get on the bus to LAUSD Headquarters. We will have four pick-up locations for your convenience:
- 4:30 pm – Balboa Orange Line Metro Station – 6338 Balboa Blvd. Encino, CA 91316
- 4:45 pm – SEIU 99 Lynwood Office – 3651 E. Imperial Hwy. Lynwood, CA 90262
- 5:00 pm – Sylmar / San Fernando Metrolink Station – 12219 Frank Modugno Dr. Los Angeles, CA 91342 (near Hubbard St.)
- 5:00 pm – Shuttle from SEIU 99’s Los Angeles Office – 2724 W. 8th St. Los Angeles, CA 90005
Buses will leave on time! Free on-site parking.
If you prefer to drive directly, there are several lots and street parking near LAUSD Headquarters. You will need to pay for parking. Prices vary.