Join the Midnight Ride to Sacramento, August 6-7, 2013!
School employees in California are the only workers who are denied the opportunity to receive unemployment insurance benefits in the summer months when work is not available. It’s a great injustice that our dedication to the children of California means instability and uncertainty for our own families.
Join us as we travel to Sacramento to urge our legislators to vote Yes on AB615, which will give us the opportunity to be treated just like every other worker in California. This legislation will ensure that dedicated workers like us can support our families during the summer months while continuing to provide quality services to students during the school year.
- If you are working this summer, you will need to take a vacation day from work.
- We will visit legislators’ offices throughout the day on Wednesday August 7th
- We should be back in Los Angeles very late Wednesday August 7th or very early the next morning (usually between 12:00-1:00 a.m.)
- All meals in Sacramento will be provided. Snacks will be available on the bus.
- If you have a purple shirt, wear it. Wear comfortable clothes and shoes. We’ll be walking a lot and spending a lot of time on the bus.
- You may also want to bring a toiletry kit (deodorant, toothbrush/paste, etc.) as there will be time to freshen up the next morning. But space is limited on the bus, so please don’t bring a lot with you.
|Pick-up Time and Location Options|
10 – 11 pm
11901 S. Crenshaw Blvd.
Hawthorne, CA 90303
11:45 pm – 12:30 am
6338 Balboa Blvd.
Encino, CA 91406
Please call Caroline Mello at (213) 387-8393, ext. 177 to register or if you have any questions.
NOTE: Buses are currently full, but we encourage you to call to be placed on a waiting list.